Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I wonder...

I wonder....
I notice.....
Ask your child about this picture....
We shared our "I wonder" and "I notice" statements with three friends......
 Then we learned about the pioneer who invented the phone. Did you know that Alexander Graham Bell made the first phone call on March 10, 1876, to his assistant, Thomas Watson? The first words spoken over the phone were:"Mr. Watson--come here--I want to see you."  

We learned that inventors are great thinkers who improve on ideas and make a change.  We were thinkers and worked with our buddies to make our own phones. We continued our learning by measuring the length of each string on the phones and then putting our phones in order by length. 





















We also measured how far our planes from yesterday flew. We compared length with our non standard units of measurement and put them in order.  :)



Spelling Word Practice

Carl's Corner is a Wonderful Resource for additional spelling practice. You can use these resources for additional practice at home!!  ...